Sunday, July 22, 2012

In Anticipation of the #TIFF12 Lineup

The film slate for the 2012 Toronto International Film Festival will be released, in part, beginning on Tuesday.   That is - the list of big ticket movies (the galas and special presentations) is coming out.

Not long ago,  Indiewire listed several films they hope will play the fall festival circuit.  Since I'm not going to Venice or Telluride (damned job, always getting in the way!) I'll get selfish and hope many of these premiere at TIFF.  Not that they can't play both, of course.

Indiewire posted 50 - but I'm going to post the five I'm dying for.   Who knows if they'll be at TIFF or not - but I'll be ecstatic if so, and if not... well, I guess I'll just have to wait a little longer.  

Inside Llewelyn Davis
The Coen Brothers! Filmed in NYC? Absolutely.

Looper
Let's see if I can finally figure out what all the fuss is about.


Seven Psychopaths
Martin McDonagh's follow-up to The Guard, which I enjoyed a great deal.

Argo
I've never anything short of loved a movie directed by Ben Affleck.  Now there's a sentence I would have never believed ~six  years ago I'd be typing now. I'd say this one is a near certainty at TIFF, no?

The Master
 PTA!PTA!PTA!PTA!

Other than those few noted exceptions, what I'm most looking forward to is whatever the Midnight Madness and International programming have in store.  Past TIFF finds have been as varied as Kill List, The Secret In Her Eyes, I Killed My Mother, Shinboru, Fish Tank.  I have confidence in the programming team and I'm excited about 2012 at TIFF.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is interesting. It is great if you continue to develop this blog more. I am looking forward to the posts from you. Wish you have more health and if you have the time please visit my article on the movie at the website below. Thank you.
    amc woodlands movie times
    amc west chester ohio
    Eve Lindley biography

    ReplyDelete