Sunday, January 13, 2013

Unseen Oscar Nominees

Despite the embarrassing amount of film I consumed in 2012, there remain eleven full-length films nominated for an Oscar that I have not yet seen.

It's not that I have no love for the shorts, you know. Quite the opposite. It's that I know soon I'll be able to see them all at the IFC Center when they run their three programs in February of Academy Award nominated shorts (Animated, Feature, Documentary).

Here are the films I have not seen. If you are my friend and you live in New York City, let's see these together before the awards!

Foreign Nominees I wanted to see but missed at TIFF:

Kon-Tiki
A Royal Affair
War Witch
No (actually I will see this next week at Sundance)

Animated Nominees I just didn't get around to despite wanting to see:

Brave
ParaNorman
The Pirates! Band of Misfits

Other movies I could have seen but had no interest in:

The Hobbit
Hitchcock
Snow White and the Huntsman
Mirror Mirror
Ted <-- data-blogger-escaped-around="around" data-blogger-escaped-br="br" data-blogger-escaped-did="did" data-blogger-escaped-didn="didn" data-blogger-escaped-get="get" data-blogger-escaped-have="have" data-blogger-escaped-i="i" data-blogger-escaped-in="in" data-blogger-escaped-interest="interest" data-blogger-escaped-it="it" data-blogger-escaped-just="just" data-blogger-escaped-ok="ok" data-blogger-escaped-one="one" data-blogger-escaped-t="t" data-blogger-escaped-this="this" data-blogger-escaped-to="to">
Bonus - here are the Oscar nominees I've seen but would love to see again:

Django Unchained
Zero Dark Thirty
Lincoln
Beasts of the Southern Wild (OBSESSED!)
Take This Waltz (OH WAIT DAMN IT. NOT NOMINATED.)

1 comment:

  1. Wow…this post tingled my toes. I’m so full of admiration and respect for firefighters in general and now you in particular Stewart. Thank you for sharing.
    Buy Pre Written Essays
    Online Writing Services
    Accounts Software For Small Business

    ReplyDelete